Saturday, October 15, 2011

Blurry Weekend

In previous posts I've discussed the need to really try and get more involved in my life here in Abu Dhabi. In some ways I feel that I've held Zayed and Abu Dhabi at an arm's length since arriving, which is really not like me. Oddly, I think part of it relates to the fact that it would be very easy to just stay here now, and maybe I'm afraid of that possibility so I have not been as fully engaged in my life here as I normally would be. This week was truly an exception. The entire weekend was a blur, which I'll be dealing with in several posts. It started with an unexpected trip to a Janet Jackson concert of all things, and also featured a trip to a pub for fish and chips and several games of pool and watching a rugby match, an exhausting dragon boat practice, and two films as part of the Abu Dhabi Film Festival. It truly was an Abu Dhabi weekend, and it has left me excited but exhausted. Here's an appropirately blurry picture (I do love themes) of my friend Laura. One of the nice things about the weekend was getting to spend more time with her. She's another one of the Zayed folks staying out at the Radisson Blu, and she's the Remnant that I knew the least, so it was cool to hang out with her. She is every bit the reading fiend that I am so we had some great conversations, including this one at Gellar Chocolate at the Marina Mall.

No comments: